Saturday, January 03, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2014!

Our Christmas Holiday was spent in different locations....Ken in Arizona and Joanne in Oregon and California.  Joanne flew to the NW on Dec. 17th and spent the first evening enjoying the Conestoga Middle School Christmas music program in Beaverton, OR.  Grandson Adam (who just happens to have been blessed with a beautiful voice)  entertained friends and family.



The following evening, I was joined by OSU sorority sisters Robbie, Nancy, and Lynne.  We enjoyed a delightful dinner out while we both reminisced and had an opportunity to catch up on what's happening in each others life.


During the week in Oregon, I went back and forth between my daughter's homes.  The weekend was spent passing down a family tradition at Melissa's home...icing cookies (and licking fingers :-).



Two days before Christmas it was especially enjoyable to have a visit from my niece and her husband as they traveled through Portland on their way to my nephew's home.  Actually I learned A LOT as my daughters and niece reminisced about their childhood memories!


Christmas Day our family had a fantastic time together at Mike and Melissa's home.  Grandma Joanne had the joy of spending time with the new twins on their very first Christmas!


When everyone was awake, we took the opportunity to get some family photos.  Here I'm joined by Mike and Melissa and their precious little girls!


The family of Michelle and Tommy added lots of vim, vigor, and vitality to the family festivities.  I can't believe the boys are so grown up!  Hmmm....what do you think that says for my age? ;-)


The day after Christmas I flew to San Diego and spent several days with daughter Mary, Shawn and my two grand daughters in Carlsbad.  The coastal area and beaches of Southern CA are exquisite!  The days flew by, and I can't believe I failed to take any family photos.


However, one fun photo was a "selfie" that grand daughter Harlow (age 7) and I took early one morning!  She is now an avid reader.  Her 3 yr old sister Hayden spent time on the IPad...she sure knows more about it than her Grandma.  And now...back to Arizona on Jan. 1.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home