Friday, April 17, 2015

Springtime 2015

In Spring 2015, the Argentine Giants were a month earlier than former years.  Here we had 16 blooms during the night of Palm Sunday.  I couldn't help going outside every two hours during the night just to see the spectacle!



We always enjoy Arizona visits from good friends Ron and Barb and their boys! Aren't those pups darling?  

One of our first visits during our own spring trek  north was to Vista, CA where Mary's family recently moved.  Grand daughters Harlow and Hayden definitely love the awesome back yard!

On Sunday, April 12, my daughter, grand daughters, and I "more or less" attended a first birthday party!  The reality is that we were in Southern CA and the party was in Portland.  Thanks to Facetime, we joined daughter Melissa's family and friends  in Portland, OR as they celebrated the first birthday of  the twins, Karina and Liliana.  It was so much fun!!!!

Here's the birthday cake just before the action started!  What a memorable day ;-). 

Ken and I spent the week enjoying family time and helping out with landscape and  miscellaneous "fix-up" tasks around the new Vista home.  It seemed like the days just disappeared.  Part of the time we boon docked in our RV near the ocean in Carlsbad and then stayed about 4 days in an RV park  that is very near to their home.

Upon leaving Vista, we ventured north to San Jacinto where we had a wonderful visit  with our friends Doyle and Clarita Eisiminger.  Doyle is the father of my dear friend Lynn.  I so remember when then moved from the mid-west to La Grande.  Lynn and I were second graders...hmmm...a few years ago!  Would you believe that April 29 Doyle will be 101 years young?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home